The University of Cambridge Judge Business School Centre for Strategic Philanthropy will join Alliance magazine on Wednesday, 1 July at 16:00 CET for a webinar looking at understanding and improving the global practice of philanthropy.
In the last decade, new philanthropy centres have emerged in Asia, Africa, and Europe, and the world’s first school of philanthropy opened in the US in 2013. But who and what is behind this growth? How can these centres help practitioners make the fullest possible contribution to solving social problems in countries where institutional philanthropy is rapidly emerging?
To mark the establishment of the new Centre for Strategic Philanthropy, this webinar will discuss the potential impact of philanthropy within and from the world’s fastest growing regions.
The panel will include:
- Badr Jafar – Founding patron of the Centre for Strategic Philanthropy at Judge Business School, University of Cambridge and CEO of Crescent Enterprises, United Arab Emirates
- Naina Batra – CEO of the Asian Venture Philanthropy Network (AVPN)
- Bhekinkosi Moyo – Executive Director of the Centre on African Philanthropy and Social Investment at Wits Business School, Wits University, South Africa and former director of the Southern Africa Trust
- Clare Woodcraft – Executive Director of the Centre for Strategic Philanthropy at Judge Business School, University of Cambridge
- Charles Keidan – (Moderator) Editor of Alliance magazine and lead author of a research paper on Philanthropy education at European Universities
The webinar is free to join. Registration and submit questions here.