It is already a month since the 23rd AGA and Conference in Belfast – an action packed event which saw more than 550 delegates come together to discuss foundations’ role in achieving ‘peace through social justice’. As a synopsis, we have produced this conference digest with all the highlights of the week, from the Ray Murphy lecture by Jeff Raikes through to the closing speech by Justice Albie Sachs via a multitude of sessions, site visits and social events.
Below you will find session reports, video and photos- everything you need to properly digest a truly epic event. Enjoy the digest!
Friday 8 June
- Closing Plenary – “Give what you have got to give,” Sachs tells European foundations
- Climate Change: A Common Concern
- Evaluating the impact of grant making in times of austerity and lessons learned
- Governance and management of endowment investments: A Conversation
- Roma inclusion in Europe today
Thursday 7 June
- Second Plenary: “Philanthropy in times of crisis”
- Europe@debate: Justice through unconditional basic income? A debate on European Social Policy
- Funding for inclusion: Women and girls in the equation
- Learning from partners to increase effectiveness
- New strategies for foundations: When, why and how to use venture philanthropy
- Populism and extremist parties in Europe: How should foundations respond?
- Shedding light on our own practice: Lessons learned about the impact
- Storytelling with data: Visualising philanthropy
- Structural Funds: A leveraging tool for foundations
- When the global meets the local: Philanthropic interventions in community-based peacebuilding
Wednesday 6 June