The June Breakfast Club will be held on Wednesday the 2nd of July 2014 hosted by the Shell Foundation in London. Reception starts at 8:15am followed by the discussion at 9:00am.
Why are so few market-based solutions to poverty getting to scale? What can be done so that they can deliver meaningful benefits to the poor? These are the questions raised by the recently released Monitor Inclusive Markets report Beyond the Pioneer. Its findings are in turn examined by the June 2014 Alliance special feature.
Hosted by the Shell Foundation, the June 2014 Alliance Breakfast Club will discuss these and other issues arising from the June 2014 special feature of Alliance magazine.
• Judith Pollock, Deputy Director UK, Shell Foundation
• Audrey Selian, founder and director of Artha Platform and guest editor for the June 2014 issue of Alliance
• Suzanne Biegel, Catalyst at Large, and senior adviser, ClearlySo
• Caroline Mason, Chief Executive, Esmee Fairbairn Foundation
Questions to be addressed
• How do the opportunities for intervention look to foundations and impact investors?
• Is it good that investors compete to invest in the enterprises that will be most competitive?
• Are there areas where market-based solutions won’t or shouldn’t work?
If you would like to attend this event or for more information please contact us at email@example.com. Reserve your place by 25 June to attend. The Alliance Breakfast Club is free to attend. However due to the popularity of these events we operate a one delegate per organisation policy.