This web site and Alliance events are designed for professionals and not intended for individuals under the age of 18 years old. We do not knowingly collect or store personal data provided by anyone under the age of 18 years old.
Alliance may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
Information that we may collect from you
We may collect and process some or all of the following data about you:
- Your on-site browsing behavior, including the products and pages you have viewed, IP address and browser details
- Your name, email and telephone, if provided.
- Your organisation details, if provided.
- Your addresses, payment details and any other data you provide as required for processing your orders. Please note we do not store your payment details from online transactions.
- Email communication between us.
Whenever you complete a form on the website you will be providing personal data to Alliance. In doing so you are expressly requesting contact from Alliance. Common examples include:
- Subscribing to a digital and/or print magazine – All such subscriptions include regular email contact including weekly eNewsletters, new issue/article/event/offer announcements & renewal notices. In order to secure financial sustainability for our charity, these emails will all contain advertising from third parties. Your data will never be shared with these third parties.
- Subscribing to receive the free eNewsletter ‘What’s new at Alliance?’ – All such subscriptions include regular email contact including the weekly eNewsletter and new issue/article/event/offer announcements. In order to secure financial sustainability for our charity, these emails will all contain advertising from third parties. Your data will never be shared with these third parties.
We may still contact you once your subscription has expired in reference to renewing your subscription, free content that is available or other information we believe may legitimately be of interest to you. You may choose to stop receiving emails from Alliance at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
We use your name and contact details to:
- Deliver to you your purchased subscriptions
- Deliver to you your free eNewsletter
- Send you information by email about our new content and events
- Show you adverts as you browse our website and receive our emails
- Send promotional emails about new products and special offers from us or third parties which we think you would have a legitimate interest in.
- Provide customer service and support
We use your payment information to:
- Take payments and give refunds
We use the external payment system PayPal to process all our online payments. They have their own security and our data protection legislation compliant. We do not store your credit card details and we do not store your card’s security/CVV code.
We use information when you browse our website using your phone or computer to:
- Improve our website by noting your IP address and device type
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. We collect information about your computer or device, including your IP address, operating system and browser type but nothing that identifies you as an individual. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Storage of your personal data
If you use any of the sign-up forms on our website then we store the personal data that you supply on both our website and an internal database both of which are stored on a secure remote server.
We only hold your personal data for as long as is required to fulfil you request or to meet our reporting obligations.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information to third parties only in order to fulfil a direct request from you. Eg: Supplying a venue with your name in order to attend an event, supplying our distributor (Spatial Global) with an address in order to fulfil the contract of your subscription, or supplying Mailchimp with email data in order to provide our eNewsletter. Alliance endeavours to ensure that all of our data processors are compliant with current legislation. Alliance commits to never passing your information onto another organisation or agency unless we are required by law to do so.
Access to your information & erasure
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. No fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email email@example.com. You may also choose to have all your information erased from our records, to do so please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us (email@example.com) as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
If you wish to complain to the Information Commissioner’s office if you are unhappy with our use of your personal data: you can do this at https://ico.org.uk/concerns . More information about your legal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/. However, we are here to help and would encourage you to contact us in the first instance, via firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.