Exponent Philanthropy has released a new edition of The Foundation Guidebook, its signature publication for those new to foundations or philanthropy.
The 128-page publication, which reflects the association’s two decades of experience serving small-staffed foundations, provides the baseline knowledge to operate a foundation smoothly, allowing readers to get on with the important work of making a difference.
- Designed with purpose: mission
- Architects of the plan: board of directors
- Building to code: tax and legal issues
- Laying the groundwork: investments
- Putting the structure in place: administration
- Putting out the welcome mat: grantmaking
It also includes updated sections on focusing giving, overseeing investments, and more.
This guidebook is for those starting a foundation or filling a position that has existed for decades; serving as board member, executive director, or administrator; planning for a foundation life of 10 or 100 years; or operating with volunteers or fully staffed.
You can purchase the guidebook here.