The Association of Small Foundations recently released its 2013 Salary and Benefits Report to the association’s nearly 2,500 foundation members, in advance of its November release to the public as part of the comprehensive 2013 Foundation Operations and Management Report. The latter report will include more than 50 pages of data on small foundation administration, investments, governance and grantmaking.
Small foundations and their advisers use ASF’s annual Salary and Benefits Report to benchmark staff salaries by region, gender, experience and asset size, and to benchmark a range of staff benefits.
Based on responses from 484 member foundations with paid staff, the 2013 Salary and Benefits Report includes the following highlights:
- Small foundations have 2.61 staff persons on average, or a median of 2.
- 38 per cent of small foundations have only a CEO/top administrator and no other staff.
- Typical full-time CEOs/top administrators have been in their current positions for 11 years.
- 24 per cent of CEO/top administrators are related to the donor family.
- Staff typically received base salary increases of 4 per cent in 2012.
For more information