As we have done for the last few years, Alliance has put together a team of bloggers to report from the European Foundation Centre’s 26th Annual General Meeting and Conference, to be held 20-22 May in Milan. The theme of this year’s conference is ‘Philanthropy: Visions and Energy for Change’, closely parallelling the theme of World EXPO 2015, whose theme is ‘Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life’, which opened in Milan on 1 May.
The conference will have four main topics: Youth driving change; Philanthropy, government and corporate engagement for social equality; Community resilience; and Future of the planet … food for thought. We plan to share the topics and themes from the conference with those who are unable to attend – as well as glimpses of evening events at the Expo and at the world-famous La Scala opera house.
Our team this year includes some seasoned Alliance bloggers and some who haven’t blogged for us before:
- Albert Ruesga, Greater New Orleans Foundation, USA
- Bhekinkosi Moyo, Southern Africa Trust, South Africa
- Fiona Murphy, Genio Trust, Ireland
- Gavin Lonergan, Adsum Foundation, Northern Ireland
- Jenny Hodgson, Global Fund for Community Foundations, South Africa
- Jenny Peachey, Carnegie UK Trust – and part of this year’s Next Gen group
- Keiran Goddard, Association of Charitable Foundations, UK
- Laura Sahamies, Kone Foundation, Finland – part of this year’s Next Gen group
- Maribel Königer, ERSTE Foundation, Austria
- Matthieu Calame, Fondation Charles Léopold Mayer, France
- Nicky McIntyre, Mama Cash, Netherlands
- Terry Odendahl, Global Greengrants Fund, USA
- Caroline Hartnell, Alliance magazine
- Paula Park, Alliance magazine
We look forward to sharing our impressions with you over the next few days and in the days following the conference.