The Council on Foundations has announced the 24 philanthropic leaders who will participate in its fourth Career Pathways Programme.
The year-long leadership development programme looks to develop rising stars of the American philanthropic field, honing their skills, knowledge and understanding.
Through the Career Pathways programme, the Council on Foundations seek to increase the number of candidates from diverse backgrounds within the philanthropy leadership pipeline leading to the growth and retention of diverse talent.
Over the course of the year, the 2017 Career Pathways cohort will participate in virtual and in-person learning, coaching networking events, and career training. Sessions will be facilitated by academic experts, practitioners, as well as experts from outside the philanthropic space.
This year’s cohort is made up of:
- Brennan Gould, Director of Programs, Charlottesville Area Community Foundation
- David Daniels, Senior Director of Operations, Bainum Family Foundation
- David McGhee, Program Director, The Skillman Foundation
- Desiree Flores, Director, U.S. Social Justice Program, Arcus Foundation
- Duchesne Drew, Community Network Vice President, The Bush Foundation
- Felicia DeHaney, Director of Education & Learning, W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- Jennifer Price-Letscher, Director, Programs & Special Projects, The Ralph M. Parsons Foundation
- Joe Braun, Director of Finance & Development, Fond Du Lac Area Foundation
- Johngerlyn “Jonse” Young, Director of Philanthropic Services, Grand Rapids Community Foundation
- Karin Krslovic, Grants Manager, Ford Foundation
- Karissa Lowe, Knowledge & Data Manager, Meyer Memorial Trust
- Kay Fernandez Smith, Assistant Vice President, Programs, The San Francisco Foundation
- LaTese Briggs, Director of Programs & Strategy, Milken Institute
- Leslie Gross Davis, Program Director, Equality, U.S. Programs, Open Society Foundations
- Ling Liu, Director of Communications and Community Engagement, Lucile Packard Foundation for Children’s Health
- Maggi Alexander, Partner, Center for Global Philanthropy, The Philanthropic Initiative
- Makeba Morgan Hill, Deputy to the President and Chief Planner, The Andrew W Mellon Foundation
- Marcus McGrew, Director of Program Operations and Information Management, The Kresge Foundation
- Melina Sanchez, Program Officer, The James Irvine Foundation
- Melinda Gilmore, Program Officer and Senior Writer/Editor, Charles F. Kettering Foundation
- Meron Makonnen, Director of Legal Services, The ELMA Philanthropies Services US Inc.
- Pooja O’Hanlon, Executive Director, Thomas and Jeanne Elmezzi Private Foundation
- Prasangi Ranaweera, Senior Portfolio Manager, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Rochelle Witharana, Controller/Director of Finance, The California Wellness Foundation
The Career Pathways programme is funded through organisations such as The Duke Endowment, The Kresge Foundation, and the W.K. Kellogg Foundation.
Visit the Career Pathways website for more information.
See here for more from Alliance on the Career Pathways programme.