1. During the 2010 Haiti earthquake relief efforts, less than 1% of funding raised went directly to local Haitian organisations.
2. The deep connections and local knowledge that community funds have mean that, in times of crisis, they can really make a difference. They know where people are, how to reach and help them, and they’re there for the long haul.
3. You need three things to bring about long-term social change: a lawyer, an activist and a storyteller.
4. What will it take to find new, simpler, more accessible ways to talk about our work without feeling like we’ve sold our souls to the devil?
5. Maybe when @EllenD35 said we had to be “uncomfortable” she was referring to Hermes and Aphrodite #AGAMilan2015.
And just one more:
“Shall we shake hands, or do you want to go straight to the poke?”
EFC, could you please provide us with a practical protocol for poking before the next AGA?