Time: 10.30 – 12.00 EST (15.30 – 17.00 GMT)
Increasingly, grantmaking is being dismissed as a serious strategy for achieving social change, with the real business being done by venture philanthropy, strategic philanthropy, and most recently catalytic philanthropy. This webinar roundtable will bring together proponents/practitioners of different approaches to philanthropy to look at grantmaking as a strategy for achieving social change – not as the strategy, the truth, but as one of a number of approaches that funders can use.
Taking part will be:
• Matthew Bishop, co-author of Philanthrocapitalism
• Kathleen Cravero, Oak Foundation, Switzerland
• Stephen Heintz, Rockefeller Brothers Fund, US
• Avila Kilmurray, Community Foundation for Northern Ireland, UK
• Rana Kotan, Sabanci Foundation, Turkey
• Mark Kramer, FSG, US
• Bongi Mkhabela, Nelson Mandela Children’s Fund, South Africa
The discussion will be moderated by Barry Knight and Jenny Hodgson, guest editors for the ‘Grantmaking for social change’ Alliance special feature to be published on 1 March.
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.
If you have any questions please contact Tom Rennell at email@example.com
Required: Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Required: Mac OS® X 10.6 or newer
Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet