The Alliance Breakfast Clubs
Each quarter, the Alliance Breakfast Club brings together leading philanthropy practitioners, non-profit leaders, academics and others in London to discuss questions arising from the special feature in the latest issue of the magazine. The discussion is led by a panel of leading experts on the topic, where possible including one of the guest editors or other contributors to the special feature.
The Alliance Breakfast Clubs encourage delegates from all backgrounds to join us and contribute to lively discussions about philanthropy and social investment.
The next Alliance Breakfast Club: Social movement philanthropy
Due to the ongoing situation with Coronavirus Covid-19, this Breakfast Club is now a FREE, ONE HOUR WEBINAR.
This will be held on Thursday 25 June at 16:00 CET.
Social movements are now playing a central role in civil society, yet have rarely featured in funders’ strategies and theories of change. Less than one per cent of funding is directed by philanthropy to social movements. Is this set to change?
Alliance editor Charles Keidan will be in discussion with:
- Halima Mahomed (Independent philanthropy consultant and researcher)
- Graciela Hopstein (Executive coordinator, Brazilian Philanthropy Network for Social Justice)
- Romy Kraemer (Managing director, Guerrilla Foundation)
Questions will include:
- Who are the leading funders of social movements?
- Why is there such an uneasy relationship between philanthropy and social movements?
- How can they work more closely and effectively together? What do successful examples look like?
- Will the COVID-19 pandemic accelerate a new generation of social movements?
To register to attend, please click the button below.
What our hosts have said:
“The Paul Hamlyn Foundation is pleased to host Alliance Breakfast Clubs. They provide an opportunity to showcase Alliance’s excellent magazine feature’s as well as discuss important topics in philanthropy. The Paul Hamlyn Foundation is committed to supporting debate about the best thinking in grantmaking, and Alliance, including its breakfast club, are important parts of this.”
Paul Hamlyn Foundation
‘Alliance Breakfast Clubs offer an excellent opportunity to hear from leading practitioners in philanthropy and to network with peers.’
Lenka Setkova, Coutts Institute
For more information or if you are interested in hosting or sponsoring a Breakfast Club, please contact email@example.com or download an information sheet about Breakfast Club sponsorship.